Carson SC-550 Stealth Hand Held Siren
Police Siren and Law Enforcement Siren is the Premiere Hand-Held Light Control Siren
This light control siren puts the traffic clearing power right in the palm of your hand. The SC-550 Stealth hand-held control and remote 100/200-watt amplifier is ideal for undercover and unmarked vehicles, as well as other applications where being inconspicuous is desired, console space is limited, or remote mounting is needed. It's rugged, low-profile design provides additional operating stability whether you run it as a true hand-held, mounted on the dash, or next to you on the seat.
The SC-550 Stealth hand control features a completely enclosed, splash-resistant rubberized face with built in PA microphone and volume control dial that also turns the light control siren on. Designed to work with one or two 100-watt speakers, the siren includes a 6 position rotary switch and siren override membrane push button switch for tone control. A slide switch to control the vehicles primary lights and 4 membrane push buttons switch for the auxiliary lights gives the Stealth siren up to 140 total amps of light control.
The SC-550 Stealth Siren is the Premiere Hand-Held Light Control Siren
The SC-550 Stealth Siren features several DIP switch programmable options including the Horn Ring Cycler 2 (HRC2) function that enables the driver to cycle through the siren tones with the vehicles horn and Siren Cutout / Park Kill to disable the siren when exiting the vehicle. The control head is LED backlit and the amplifier and light control circuits are protected by external fusing, short circuit, high voltage and reverse polarity protection systems. The siren is installed using a wiring connector with screw-down terminal for the siren while the vehicles lights are connected using heavy-duty screw-down terminals. As with all Carson Sirens products, the Stealth siren is backed by a no-hassle 5-year limited warranty.
- 100/200-watt electronic siren amplifier with 140 amps of light control
- Completely enclosed rubberized face for improved splash resistance
- PA microphone and volume control dial built in to hand-held control unit
- Siren Wail, Yelp, Manual, Phaser, and Air Horn tones with optional European HiLo/Two-Tone siren tone
- Six position rotary switch with a momentary membrane push-button override
- Slide switch for 60 amps of primary light control and 4 membrane push button switches for 20 amps each of auxiliary light control
- DIP switch programmable
- Horn Ring Cycler 2 (HRC2) for hands free siren tone control
- Siren Cutout / Park Kill to disable the siren when exiting the vehicle
- LED Backlighting
- Externally fused
- Short circuit, high voltage and reverse polarity protection systems
- Wiring connector with screw-down terminals for the siren and heavy-duty screw-down terminals for the lights
- Hand Control Unit: 6" H x 2-3/4" W x 1" D
- Amplifier: 2-1/8" H x 7-1/2" W x 6-3/4" D
- No-hassle 5-year limited warranty
SC-550 Stealth Siren Sounds
SC-550 Stealth Siren Manual
Accessories and Replacement Parts
Here's how the SC-550 Stealth stacks up against the competition:
|Carson Sirens||Federal Signal||Signal Vehicle Products (SVP)||Signal Vehicle Products (SVP)|
|SC-550 Stealth||650 Series||LCS880||LCS881|
|Rotary Switch for Siren Tone Selection|
|Progressive Slide or Lever Switch for Primary Light Control|
|4 Auxiliary Light Control Switches|
|Splash Resistant Enclosed Membrane Switches and Face|
|Total Light Control Capacity||140 Amps||60 Amps||140 Amps||140 Amps|
|Siren Output||200 Watts||100 Watts||200 Watts||200 Watts|
|Shipping Weight||5.5 lbs.||7 lbs.||8.5 lbs.||9.25 lbs.|
|5-Year or Greater Warranty|
To print this comparison of the SC-550 Stealth Siren, please click here.
Stealth and Carson Sirens are trademarks of Carson Manufacturing Co., Inc.
WARNING Sound Hazard - Sound level from siren speaker (>120dBA @ 10 feet) may cause hearing damage. Do not operate siren without adequate hearing protection for you and anyone in immediate vicinity. (Ref. OSHA 1910.95 for occupational noise exposure guidelines)